hymnsandbooks

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Open letter to the Prime Minister fomr Mike Walsh

Mike, a URC Minister wrote and open letter to Prime Minister Cameron after the 2015 election. It begins:

Dear Prime Minister,
I don't know if you will ever read this, but I have some things I wish to say to you.
You have won the General Election and command a majority in the House of Commons, and as such will feel you have a legitimate mandate to govern. However, you must also know that you don't command a majority of the British people.
Although our political views are very much at odds on many issues, I'm willing to believe that you are a good man, as sure of your ideals as I am of mine, and believe your plan is what's best for us all. You said today that you will govern for the whole country and bring back together that which has clearly fractured. I hope you will.

Thanks to Mike for this - a timely word

Read the whole of the letter here

https://www.facebook.com/revd.walsh?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment